Saturday, August 29, 2009

I made these fun treats for a pool party today: )





I found this idea off of Bakerella.com (I love this site by the way)

Some helpful hints if you decide to make these...

Definitely use the parchment paper.
I suggest buying the trays instead of making them, that took me the longest.
The french fry holders were easy to assemble. I used our church logo but you can put whatever on them.
I also just cut tracing paper in 1/2 and didn't print anything on them.

I made them for a pool party we had for church and the kids loved them.

Here are the directions for a fun treat!

I made the cookies first- Using Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix. I used the Cutout Cookie recipe at the bottom. I found these awesome rings that bakerella suggest and I love them as well. Super easy..




Use a pizza Cutter to cut them into fries- They will look like steak fries when you pull them out of the oven but just cut them down the middle again with pizza cutter right when you take them out of the oven.


The brownies baked 2nd in a 13 X 9 pan. Just follow the directions on the box.

The Cupcakes were last since I had to up the temp on the stove. After they were done I let them cool over night, I cut them in 1/2 using my electric knife. What a breeze!!

Then the icing was made.



I used leaf green, yellow, and red icing colors purchased from Wal-mart in the baking section. Name Brand Wilson.

The fries that didn't turn out I had to eat. So sad!! but so good.

2 comments:

  1. Since when do you have a electric knife? Now that's just scary. Scary I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute Michelle! thanks for your comment on my felt food. I can't wait to see the s'mores set!

    ReplyDelete